Sunday, May 25, 2008

Baskets of Eggs

Occasionally, I get these really bad tension headaches that start in my neck and work their way up to the front of my head. I had one of these last nigt, and complained about it long enough, my mom pulled a bottle of left-over narcotics from when I was really sick a few months ago and was having similar headaches. I didn't know there were any left. I tend to have an addictive personality, so my family will usually hide drugs like that from me after I no longer need them.

I took a pill and a glass of water, brushed my teeth, and went to bed. Narcotic induced sleep bring some of the most intense and real dreaming I ever do.

Last night, my dreams took me on a bit of a journey.

To begin with, I was in a car with Derek, my ex, and we were on our way to go camping. God, he looked good. He was in and out of my dream all night. We stopped at Walmart to pick up some stuff, and while he was chatting with a friend of his, I noticed a male friend of mine over in the refrigerated section putting eggs in his cart. I walked over to him. I never saw his face, but it was the same elusive male friend that was in one of my previous nightmares, mentioned in a previous post. I looked through the cartons of eggs in his shopping cart and noticed that almost every egg in every carton was cracked. "No, no, you need to look at them first," I told my mysterious reappearing dream friend. "Here, I'll just help you." For what felt like hours in my dream, I pulled out carton after carton, examining each egg very carefully before placing the good ones to the side until he had a full carton of eggs.

I don't know why I did this. I know it may sound stupid, and I know the dream was very drug induced.

But I just find something interesting about walking away from the man who hurt me to spend hours and hours with another man, helping him pick something that was whole and unbroken.

3 comments:

nic.otine said...

Very true. Interesting dream, lady. Very interesting.

nic.otine said...

haha! actually, my friend tarondah helped me do my page but i know how to do them now for the most part so if you want me to do yours I can. =]

YOU DO NEED TO VISIT ME. lol. Much wine and much laughter. =]]

I'm glad you appreciated the story lol. I miss you!

ilyt!! Come see me soon!

nic.otine said...

Also, do you have your short story posted online anywhere? I do, I'd gladly swap. =]